1. Open to applicants that hold appointments within Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
2. Applicant is both principal inventor and lead for proposal being submitted.
3. Funding up to $250,000 per proposal.
4. Proposal advances the generation of a product (e.g. diagnostics, therapeutics, software, device) to deliver substantive impact to patient care within oncology. Activities can include but are not excluded to proof-of-concept, reduction to practice, commercial demonstration and prototype development work.
5. Key data and results required to demonstrate the commercial potential.
6. Proposal activities independent to existing and upcoming sources of funding. Details for submitted sources of funding to be provided.
7. Intellectual Property is or is in process of being filed at UHN.
8. Clear downstream commercial opportunity in terms of licensing or company formation presented.
9. Funds increase the value proposition of commercial opportunity (i.e. no pre-existing binding terms on financial return).
10. Funds can be paid to UHN Departments or external companies for the provision of external services. Only additional costs incurred by the Department will be granted by the IAF funds. Thus projects must be costed on a marginal basis by Departments, no indirect costs or overheads are to be added to the direct costs.